ARDOUIN "Everybody loves firefighters" - WellWorldTV

ARDOUIN “Everybody loves firefighters”

Ardouin lives two lives, one as a part of a team designing beautiful diamond engagement rings, and the other as a firefighter for the Wanaka Volunteer Fire Brigade. Career firefighters make up only 20 percent of the New Zealand Fire Service; the remaining 80 percent of firefighters are volunteers, who receive no payment for their time or labour.

She shares with us her passion for firefighting that confronts her with challenging situations, but also makes her feel part of a community she is new in.

You might be interested in